While you wait
Dental Emergency Care Tips
These tips are not a permanent solution and are here to help you help treat a dental emergency while you wait fojr your appointment. If you haven't made an appointment and have a dental emergency please call Paramount Dental Sydney 24 hours 7 days a week.
Please find your dental emergency below
TOOTHACHE & ACUTE PAIN
Tooth, Teeth, Gums and Mouth
1. Rinse out your mouth with warm water to cleanse it.
2. Take x2 Nurofen, Advil or Ibuprofen then wait 3 hours.
3. Then take x2 Panadol or Paracetemol then wait 3 hours and repeat step 2.
4. You can repeat the above steps until you see us, on most occasions you will see us well before you have to do this.
(Note: Do Not Apply aspirin directly to the source of the pain)
CRACKED & BROKEN
1. Rinse your mouth out with warm water to cleanse it.
2. Then put a cold pack or cold compress on the face next to the affected area.
3. Ensure you don’t play with the affected tooth or teeth while applying the compress or pack.
(Note: Do not apply and compress or aspirin directly to the tooth or teeth)
Object stuck in gums, Teeth, Tooth
1. Gently try and remove the object with your fingers or a pair of tweezers.
2. Alternatively, try and gently remove the object by flossing the area next to the object.
3. Apply pressure with a soft cloth after removing the object.
Tooth, Teeth knocked out
1. Gently sit the tooth back in socket it has come out from, do not push it in with force, to avoid touching the root.
2. Alternatively place it between the cheek and teeth, away from the affected area, to keep it warm and moist.
3. You can also place it in a container of milk until you see us.
(Note: Avoid touching the socket with your tongue)
Gums, Lips, Mouth
1. Clean the area gently by slowly rinsing with warm water.
2. Apply a cold pack or compress to help reduce bleeding.
Gums, Lips, Mouth
1. Rinse your mouth out gently with warm water to cleanse.
2. Apply pressure with a cloth to the area to help stop bleeding and keep in place until you seek medical assistance.